“The Cub respects the old wolf, the Cub respects him/herself.” — Cub Law
We, the Cub Scouts and Scouters (leaders) of 26th Halifax created this Code of Conduct as a group to ensure EVERY member always feels safe, included and respected following the Cub Law.
- show RESPECT to all people and property involved with our group — violence, bullying or intimidation will never be tolerated;
- follow a hands-off policy, including any wrestling or roughhousing;
- not use or throw anything in a way that can harm another person or themselves;
- work together as a team and not exclude anyone from any activity;
- keep their hands off others’ property and not damage the property of others;
- use water bottles for drinking and not flip them during Cub events;
- use appropriate language during Cub events;
- take part in all Cub events and do their best;
- actively listen to Leaders, volunteers and guests and follow their directions;
- stay off the stage and remain in the gym area unless they have permission.
Leaders will make sure these guidelines are followed by all Cubs.
- If Cubs don’t follow these guidelines, they will have to take a break from activities to reflect on how they could have made better choices.
- If Cubs continue to not follow these guidelines, leaders will meet with their parents to talk about how to address the situation or behaviour.