Becoming a leader (aka scouter) in a few easy steps….
Support: Once you let us know you are interested, an existing leader will contact you to help you through the process and get you acclimatized.
Here are the steps you need to take to becoming a leader. 26th Halifax will cover some costs.
- Print & fill out the application form [PDF]
- Print & sign a Code of Conduct form [PDF]
- Get Police Record Check/VSS done:
- Provide 3 personal references (name, contact info, context)
- Interview with Group Commissioner (takes 20-30 mins)
- Do online safety training (Watch a 30 min video).
- Take the Wood Badge 1 course (to be completed online within first year – you can do it over the course of a few days) login to your account on MyScouts.ca and start.
- There are Wood Badge courses for Beavers, Cubs and Scouts. Choose the correct one!
Tip: For Wood Badge training, the narration is paced to be slow. If you prefer, turn off the audio and read through the slides. It can cut down on the time required significantly.
Need help? Contact email@example.com or talk to your section leaders