26th Halifax Cabin Fundraiser
The 26th Halifax cabin is located close to Halifax, near Miller Lake. It is a rustic place that allows our youth to explore nature without making families travel too far from home. This cabin and the surround forest is ideal for our youth (particularly our Beavers and Cubs, aged 5-11) to learn about camping, safety in the wilderness, and friendship while having fun in the beautiful Nova Scotian outdoors. We have a downstairs kitchen and eating space and an upstairs sleeping loft.
Phase 1 complete, thanks to our supporters
Thank you to all supporters of the 26th Halifax cabin. Our first phase of fundraising is at an end and we raised $6,025.00! This will allow us to replace our sills, fix our fire escape and replace our decks.
See also: Letter to our supporters – Cabin fundraiser – Our thanks for your support
We are fundraising for this facility because per Scouts Canada rules, we cannot use monies fundraised with the participation of youth for infrastructure projects, such as the cabin.
Cabin restoration – work needed
We’ve itemized work that needs to be done to our cabin facility:
- Build culvert bridge
- Kitchen maintenance
- Interior painting
- Fundraise for our yearly property lease fee
Rentals are currently unavailable pending repairs.
The 26th Halifax Scouting Group has a cabin used for outdoor programming, open to both Scouting and non-Scouting groups.
The cabin is available for rent. Your patronage helps to maintain our Cabin while providing you a fun, adventurous outdoor recreational experience for youth and adults alike.
- Picnic style Table (sits about 15 with alternate counter space for eating)
- Dishes/Utensils (option to bring own)
- Triple Kitchen Sinks (No running water must bring own water)
- Cookware (old but useable)
- Outdoor bathroom (close to cabin for night runs!)
- W.E.T.T. certified wood stove
- Sleeping Areas:
- Large sleeping loft with fire escape (must bring sleeping mats)
- Leaders Room with bunks (main level)
- Interconnected Smoke Alarms
- Large Patio Deck for Programing
- Wired for use of Generator (must provide own genereator)
- Campfire Circle
- Wooded recreation area/hiking trails
- Tenting area nearby
The Cabin is located at Miller Lake Mainland Park in Fall River. There is a gate at the entrance of 100 Perrin Drive’s gravel road. The Cabin is #10, located about 100 metres down the gravel road beyond the gate, on the right. You can park on Perrin Dr. and walk in past the gate down the gravel road.
100 Perrin Drive
Fall River, NS
View on map
If you are interested in renting the 26 Halifax cabin, contact Robert Bray at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text: 902-221-0494.